Blue Buffalo dog food is manufactured by Blue Buffalo Company Ltd. which promotes its products as natural and healthy. The company maintains a holistic approach and uses its patented LifeSource Bits formula that contains vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Blue Buffalo pet food includes real chicken, fish or lamb as the first ingredient in its recipes as a source of high-quality protein. In addition, the food contains quality whole grains and nutritious fruits and vegetables.
Hence, it is considered healthy for dogs of all ages, whether puppies, adults or senior dogs.
Moreover, it does not use chicken by-product meals, cheap fillers, and artificial colors, flavors and preservatives. As Blue Buffalo dog foods do not contain wheat, soy, or corn, they are not likely to cause food allergies in dogs.
Blue Buffalo recipes support the immune system of cats and dogs. In addition, balanced Blue Buffalo diet helps improve the condition of their skin and hair coat. However, these formulas are usually pricier than other dog foods available in the market.
Furthermore, the company has been involved in the 2007 pet food recall for its products like Wilderness Chicken, Basics Salmon and Large Breed Adult Chicken formula. You can find the list of Blue Buffalo products at the FDA website.
The Blue Wilderness recipes are formulated for dogs requiring grain-free diet. Blue Basics dies is specifically meant for dogs that are prone to food sensitivities. Blue Longevity formula, on the other hand, helps avoid obesity in dogs.
Blue Buffalo Dry Dog Food Range
Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula
- Blue Buffalo Puppy Chicken and Brown Rice
- Blue Buffalo Puppy Lamb and Oatmeal
- Blue Buffalo Small Breed Puppy Chicken and Oatmeal
- Blue Buffalo Large Breed Puppy Chicken and Brown Rice
- Blue Buffalo Adult Chicken and Brown Rice
- Blue Buffalo Adult Lamb and Brown Rice
- Blue Buffalo Adult Fish and Sweet Potato
- Blue Buffalo Adult Healthy Weight
- Blue Buffalo Large Breed Adult Chicken and Brown Rice
- Blue Buffalo Large Breed Adult Fish and Oatmeal
- Blue Buffalo Large Breed Adult Healthy Weight
- Blue Buffalo Small Breed Adult Chicken and Brown Rice
- Blue Buffalo Small Breed Adult Fish and Brown Rice
- Blue Buffalo Senior Chicken and Brown Rice
- Blue Buffalo Large Breed Senior Chicken and Brown Rice
- Blue Buffalo Small Breed Senior Chicken and Brown Rice
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Formula
- Blue Wilderness Puppy
- Blue Wilderness Chicken
- Blue Wilderness Small Breed Chicken
- Blue Wilderness Large Breed Chicken
- Blue Wilderness Healthy Weight Chicken
- Blue Wilderness Salmon
- Blue Wilderness Duck
Blue Buffalo Basics Formula
- Blue Basics Puppy Turkey and Potato
- Blue Basics Adult Turkey and Potato
- Blue Basics Adult Salmon and Potato
- Blue Basics Large Breed Adult Turkey and Potato
- Blue Basics Small Breed Adult Turkey and Potato
Blue Buffalo Longevity Formula (Dry and Canned)
- Blue Longevity Puppy
- Blue Longevity for Adult Dogs
- Blue Longevity for Mature Dogs
Blue Buffalo Canned Dog Food Range
Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipes
- Blue Buffalo Chicken Dinner
- Blue Buffalo Lamb Dinner
- Blue Buffalo Beef Dinner
- Blue Buffalo Turkey Meatloaf Dinner
- Blue Buffalo Fish and Sweet Potato Dinner
- Blue Buffalo Large Breed Chicken Dinner
- Blue Buffalo Small Breed Chicken Dinner
- Blue Buffalo Small Breed Lamb Dinner
Blue Buffalo Family Favorites Recipes
- Blue Buffalo Mom’s Chicken Pie
- Blue Buffalo Backyard BBQ
- Blue Buffalo Turkey Day Feast
- Blue Buffalo Turducken
- Blue Buffalo Shepherd’s Pie
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Formula
- Blue Wilderness Turkey and Chicken Grill
- Blue Wilderness Duck and Chicken Grill
- Blue Wilderness Salmon and Chicken Grill
Blue Buffalo Basics Formula
- Blue Basics Turkey and Potato
- Blue Basics Salmon and Potato
- Blue Basics Large Breed Turkey and Potato
- Blue Buffalo Country Chicken Stew
- Blue Buffalo Hearty Beef Stew
- Blue Buffalo Tasty Turkey Stew
- Blue Buffalo Irish Lamb Stew
- Blue Buffalo Hunter’s Stew
You can these products at Amazon and PetSmart and petco.com.
Most Popular Blue Buffalo Dog Food: Blue Buffalo Life Protection Lamb and Rice Formula
This Blue Buffalo Life Protection formula with LifeSource bits is formulated for adult dogs. It has a meat product, that is, deboned lamb as the first ingredient.
Plus, the recipe contains brown rice (easy to digest), oatmeal and barley. These ingredients work as good sources of energy and fiber for your beloved four-legged companion.
In addition, it includes glucosamine to promote your dog’s joint health. Moreover, this Blue Buffalo dry food for dogs is rich in omega-3 and 6 fatty acids that help improve skin condition and make the hair coat shiny.
It contains probiotics as well to aid in digestion. Besides, chelated minerals ensure better assimilation and metabolism of proteins.
On the flip side, though, the recipe also contains controversial ingredients such as tomato pomace, garlic and caramel. For instance, although garlic is a nutritious food, it is believed that it can be harmful for dogs.
Similarly, although tomato pomace is rich in fiber, it is considered as a cheap food filler. Nevertheless, as this Blue Buffalo dog food is natural and healthy, it gets positive reviews. You can get additional information on Blue Buffalo Lamb & Brown Rice Recipe at the Blue Buffalo website.
Reviews for Blue Buffalo Life Protection Lamb & Rice Formula
Review by Delight in Books from Charlotte
I’ve been giving my 4 Scotties Blue Buffalo kibble along with canned for 5 years. I’ve kept and bred dogs for 25 years and find this the best kibble to meet my dogs’ nutritional needs. And they love it. They are healthy, within a normal weight range, and are eager for their breakfast and dinner each day. I can’t say enough good things about this brand of dog food. also, if you have questions about the product, the company gets back to you quickly with answers. I highly recommend it.
Review by Corry Frydlewicz “Web Designer and Developer” from Columbia, MD
It’s hard for me to rate this stuff, since I’ve never tasted it myself, but my Beagle absolutely loves it. He had no trouble transitioning to this brand from the crappy stuff his previous owner was feeding him. To be fair, I kept him on that food until the bag they gave me ran out too, so I know what he was like before the switch too.
The only problem I’ve had with it is, as the title of this review suggests, the flatulence. Ever since I switched him over to this food, he’s been healthy and happy, but he now has the stinkiest farts I’ve ever smelled and he unleashes AT LEAST one a day.
Sure, it’s hilarious when he does it in my room mate’s room, but not so much in my own or when we have company over.
Review by Julia Gulia “Julie Gulia” from St Louis, MO
I switched my dogs to this food and I have noticed many improvements in there overall health. They have shinny healthy coats of fur, more energy and more regular and solid bowel movements. I care about my dog’s health and this product delivers good healthy ingredients and my dogs really love it!
You can read further reviews on this product at Amazon and petco.com.
Blue Buffalo Life Protection Lamb & Rice Ingredients
The ingredients are: Deboned Lamb, Oatmeal, Whole Ground Barley, Menhaden Fish Meal (source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids), Whole Ground Brown Rice, Peas, Natural Lamb Flavor, Whole Potatoes, Canola Oil (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Alfalfa Meal, Tomato Pomace (source of Lycopene), Flaxseed (provides Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids), Sunflower Oil (for Omega 6 Fatty Acids), Whole Carrots, Whole Sweet Potatoes, Blueberries, Cranberries, Barley Grass, Dried Parsley, Garlic, Dried Kelp, Yucca Schidigera Extract, L-Carnitine, L-Lysine, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Turmeric, Oil of Rosemary, Dried Chicory Root, Beta Carotene, Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Niacin (Vitamin B3), d-Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Biotin (Vitamin B7), Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Choline Chloride, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate, Salt, Caramel, Potassium Chloride, Dried Yeast (source of Saccharomyces cerevisiae), Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, Dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation product, Dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product.
Blue Buffalo Life Protection Lamb & Rice Analysis
Crude Protein (minimum) 22%
Crude Fat (minimum) 12%
Crude Fiber (maximum) 4.5%
Moisture (maximum) 10%
Calorie Content: 3,455 kcal/kg